We just held our End of Year Party and what a smash hit it was! The weather was fantastic and everyone had a great time. The kids swam in the pool and the teens played pool in the house, while Ken slaved over some hot coals grilling some yummy hot dogs and hamburgers. Everyone brought plenty of food and we all delighted in stuffing ourselves to the fullest.
Betty presented all riders with a magnetic frame and pictures of themselves with their horse, leader and sidewalker(s). From the smiles we saw, I’d say they were a big hit!
She also made some special presentations. They were:
- Diane Mason – Outstanding Volunteer for her dedication of keeping the barn and horses in order on both Wednesdays and Saturdays, as well as always helping at our fundraisers and horseshows
- Bill Fosher – Outstanding Volunteer for over 500 hours this year alone doing maintenance work on the farm
- Becky Moore – Special Recognition for all her dedicated hours as bookkeeper, treasurer, secretary and even horse walker (& much more!)
- Liz Biancamano – Special Recognition for 8 years of teaching our riders
- Elaine Richter – Certificate of Appreciation
- Suzan Hunt – Certificate of Appreciation
- Catherine Sears – Certificate of Appreciation
- Bobby Sears – Certificate of Appreciation
Stacey presented a gift to Betty on behalf of all the volunteers. Thanks Stacey for organizing this and picking out such a great gift!
Betty presented Anita with a gift to commemorate her retirement as Volunteer Coordinator.
Anita, our retiring Volunteer Coordinator, recognized several volunteers for having completed 100+ hours this past year by giving them a magnetic name tag. Congratulations volunteers for your wonderful dedication and thank you Anita for giving so much of your time to developing a great relationship with the volunteers! We all wish you a wonderful retirement (but still expect to see you at the Board meetings!).
Lorraine, our new Volunteer Coordinator, presented all volunteers with a Stirrups ‘n Strides branded frame with pictures of each volunteer taken during the past month.
The final award, the most FAMOUS one of all, was for the Horse of the Year: TUCKER, our gorgeous and sweet chestnut gelding. Tucker very patiently posed for pictures following his win! Poncho came in second for the second year in a row (for those who are wondering).
Finally, here are some pictures taken at the party. Enjoy!